There are two ways to save cash when buying a home…
Long-term savings and short-term savings.
The brutal truth is, most home buyers are completely unaware of both. They end up paying too much and missing out on a better deal.
In this post, I’ll uncover 3 ways you can save money on your new home. That way you’ll have extra money left over for other things.
Let’s get started.
#1 Save thousands on interest with this tax credit
Take advantage of Kentucky’s Home Buyer Tax Credit.
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll get back 25% of your mortgage interest each year.
- Up to $2,000 a year (dollar for dollar reduction of your federal income taxes).
- You can still claim the remaining 75% of the interest as a yearly tax deduction.
- You’ll benefit from this tax credit for the entire lifetime of your mortgage (every year you occupy the home).
- Helps you qualify for a new home by reducing your debt-to-income ratio (DTI).
- Maximum purchase price is $271,164 to qualify. Income limits vary depending on your county.
Most first-time homebuyers qualify for the tax credit, but few know about it.
All that money saved on interest could go toward:
- That elegant honeymoon of your dreams
- Holiday decor for your housewarming party
- A new crib for the baby room
- Or even new landscaping or a kitchen remodel
See if you qualify to can take advantage of this tax credit benefit.
#2 Shop and compare rates
Here’s the brutal truth about mortgage loans:
They can be confusing.
With so many loan options out there: FHA loan, 30-year fixed, 15-year fixed, adjustable rate, etc… etc… this journey can get overwhelming …real fast. Then you have mortgage points, interest rate, APR.
Not to mention those snare traps of “fine print” language hiding in the paperwork.
Even something seemingly as trivial as an extra half of a percent in interest rate – could easily turn into tens of thousands of dollars of payments down the road.
Figuring all this out on your own could take you weeks… months… even years. This is why nearly half of homebuyers skip this vital step – then later live with regret … and with significantly higher monthly payments.
Good news is: Shopping for loans doesn’t have to be so complicated or frustrating.
Everyone has a unique set of circumstances. And it’s really important that you get the correct loan to reflect your unique situation. That way you’re able to get the best rate and matching payments possible.
Think of a loan as a set of tools. Say you’re an artist. You probably wouldn’t use woodworking tools for painting on canvas, right?
Same with loans, you want to make sure that the loan you end up with is the best possible match for you.
The easiest way to shop for loans is to get pre-approved. That way you’ll know how much you can afford and what your options are. So that you find the best rate for each option.
Don’t get stuck paying too much for your mortgage.
Get pre-approved now and find out what options are available to you.
#3 Win free house payments for a full year
Here’s something nobody else offers …but First Fidelity guys do.
What would it feel like having your house paid for your first year? What would YOU do with $14K?
Would you finally take that overdue cruise you’ve been putting off?
Maybe landscape your backyard and splurge on a new outdoor grill station?
If I were you, I’d get on that before the drawing is over!
Here’s how that could happen for you:
All you have to do is get your home loan through First Fidelity Mortgage.
- Win up to $14,400 ($1,200/month for a full year)
- Your chance of winning is pretty high (1 in only 150!)
- Next drawing is right around the corner on January 2019
- Take a short quiz to begin
And even if you don’t win, you can still sleep soundly at night knowing you got the best possible deal on your house.
P.S. Congratulations to the Edwards family for winning the 2017 drawing for Free House Payments for a Full Year!!!